A search engine that pays you

Thoughts of a Mother



Little things of the universe,
Drops of water, grains of sand,
are so mighty that they support
Life in water, mountains and land.

Such are little girls of mine,
Cheery, bubbly, sweet and naughty.
I pray that they grow up this way,
and not as vain and proud and haughty.

I've always liked kids from my childhood,
and played with them to enjoy.
But its different in parenthood,
Responsibility and pride and joy.

Though I give them all they ask,
Yet, they are never short of demands.
To make them realize the value of things,
I resort to authority and commands.

The look on their faces when I scold them
really melts my heart.
Composing myself with difficulty,
I try again and explain from the start.

I try my best to go any lengths
to equip them for the world they face;
to understand the value of things,
and also compete in the race.

I pray that they grow up to be
a source of joy to the lives they touch.
And now when I look back I realize,
Oh Mom and Dad!! I owe you so much.

This is an entry to the Mother's day competition in Indus Ladies.





1 comment:

Phoenixritu said...

Please mail me your address in India so that your prize can be shipped to you

ShareThis