A search engine that pays you

Me and my weight

Fitness seems to be a part of every conversation nowadays. Each of us find ourselves talking about what kind of exercise we are doing apart from the medical conditions like problems with sugar or thyroid control. In any case, some form of exercise is a must. Even for those who are fit enough, the medical professionals prescribe walking or so to prevent problems in future.

And so, I too decided to start with my workout to manage my weight. It reached a peak of 77 kilograms after my second daughter, Nishkala. So, what with a baby and a cessarian section done, I could not workout in a gym. But then, I patiently kept waiting for time to tell. Then when my kid reached her first birthday, I went around to hunt for a crèche and a gym simultaneously. Both were necessary. Once I found it, I had to shift my residence to a new place and all my dreams of fitting into that favourite dress of mine had shattered.

Of course, I did not give up. I started a new search in this new area. I found three weight management centers within half a kilometer radius and four play schools too!! But my kid was “too young” for a play school. They would take only kids above 2 years. So again, my balloon inflated (alas, not my weight). All these set backs did not move my will power to bend. In one of my hunting trips I finally landed into a gym with a very understanding instructor. She told me that she would take care of my baby while I do the exercise. That was the key. I grabbed the offer and signed up immediately.

The first day I took Nishkala, the instructor explained me about warming up and using the machines like treadmill. She took charge of my baby too. The kid fell asleep. So, the next day, I got a small swing for her. I would take the swing everyday to the gym, put it up in one of the bars and the instructor would put her to sleep while I did my workout. This routine did a lot of good to me. I reduced about 8 kgs in 4 months. My doctor was very pleased to see about half of me, during the next visit. I could wear my old clothes and new jeans too. I was proud to buy the 3rd largest size, when I went to buy the tops for my jeans. All this due to the helpful instructor in the gym.

Sometimes, we do not know who would help us in life. It may not necessarily be friends and relatives. A person who offers to help may be a stranger at that time. But they become friends for life.

As months flew Nishkala grew up, and I was able to put her in a good school nearby. But even now I continue to go to the same gym and I am able to keep my weight and health in a good condition.

In the meanwhile, I discovered a lot of workout videos on the net. Now I am able to do the workout at home. Now the reason to go to the gym is different. Apart from following a regular fitness routine, I am able to have a lot more contacts and friends there.

So next time you think of weight reduction, join a gym. There is more to your looking good. You feel good too!!

Back to My own experiences


No comments:

ShareThis